My Go-To, Ride or Die, Hair Products
I’m always getting hair questions, from friends and strangers alike…and I seriously love talking hair! Please note, I have no professional experience or education, but I do love it so.
Secondly, I’m the girl, that when a stranger tells me she loves my hair, I tell her right away, its extensions. I wish, wish, wish that my hair was this long naturally and this full…hello!!!...life would be so much easier. In my early 30’s I moved back to Arizona, and my hair literally stopped growing, and I developed Rosacea, which is a skin disease on my face (much more on that later). I mean, you’re kidding me right…what kind of catastrophic combination was that!! Was it my age, was it my new environment, my diet. Who knows...but it is what it is. In regards to the hair issue, I tried endless oils, pills, etc. to get my hair to grow again, and nothing. As a teenager I used to have extremely long hair, that I not only dyed darker brown, but also permed…ugh, bad decision…but the point is, my hair was just as long as my hair is now, with extensions…something was up. Then I was introduced to extensions and I threw in the towel…and life has been a million times easier ever since. I have a Profound Love for tape-in hair extensions! They have made my life incredibly easy, and so much more enjoyable, all around, in the hair department!!
I’ll get into extensions in another post…but for this post I wanted to set you up with my ride or die, tested and loved products, that I use to maintain my tape-ins, and get the look I like. These are the products I’m currently loving and how I use them. Mind you…I love product, love being a girl, and just LOVE me some sexy Bombshell hair!! Unfortunately, none of this is sponsored, just my current loves and necessities!
Side note, I only wash, blow dry, and curl my hair twice a week. I’m a momma, I don’t have time to do that every day, and with tape-ins, my hair style just lasts longer…easy right! I’ll be experimenting with other kinds of hair extensions shortly. I am not sure why I suddenly feel the need to change what is definitely not broken, maybe it’s my pregnancy hormones kicking in…but that’s me…I like to experiment, and I’ve been using tape ins for over 4 ½ years, and am just curious. The end goal is to make my life easier and get the look I want. The good thing is, should I hate everything, I can just put my icy babies back in…more on this upcoming experiment in the future!
It’s important for me to also mention, that once you have a baby you don’t need to just fall into style oblivion! Taking the time to get yourself ready each day, doesn’t make you a bad mom…my baby takes naps, so that’s when I get ready; if I didn’t already before she woke for the day. I am not a mom who takes a nap, ever…ugh there is so much to do, I can’t imagine going back to sleep. I’m basically who I was before having my baby, and I’m still someone obsessed with Victoria Secret Bombshell Hair!! Much love to the Vicky’s crew!!
Remember, I only do this twice a week…
Every other day that week, I literally wake up, brush my hair, use a little baby powder or this dry shampoo on my roots and go…easy!
1) I use this Unite Purple Shampoo or this Matrix Purple Shampoo every time I wash my hair...which is only 2 times a week. The Unite is my absolute new favorite. I don’t like brassy blonde…I want it icy and ashy! If you’re blonde you know how hard it is to keep your hair from going in that brass direction, without a mid treatment toner, which I just don’t have the time to do. Sometimes I’ll mix in this Paul Mitchell shampoo, with the purple shampoo, or use it alone every now and then too.
2) I alternate this Moroccan Oil Deep Conditioning Mask, with this Paul Mitchell conditioner, each time I wash my hair. I love this mask/deep conditioner. It’s important you use some sort of hydrating mask on a weekly basis, especially if you are dying it such a light blonde, like myself.
3) The times I don’t use the mask/deep conditioner, before I shower, I try to remember to add this Olaplex 3 to the top portion of my head and this coconut oil, from the middle to ends of my hair, maybe a little on top too…I just don’t get it on the tape-in adhesive. Olaplex, is an amazing product for rebuilding hair strength in between colorings, and I love how soft the coconut oil makes my hair. Coconut oil is great to use all over your hair, if you don’t have extensions…it makes the best hair mask…also on your skin…aww…seriously it’s so decadent, but load up on your skin at night, it can be a little too greasy for day. If it hardens in the winter, I actually put my closed jar in the sink with hot water, to break it up again, you want it to be an oil like product when you put it on. I let both the Olaplex and Coconut oil sit on for 10 min, longer if I’m just doing the coconut oil, then into the shower I go.
4) I use this Tangle Teaser Brush in the shower to detangle my hair while my conditioner is still on! This is crucial, if you have extensions!! I swear it makes all the difference in the world…my hair is not knotted when I get out of the shower, so much softer, and just all around so much easier to work with. Crucial!
5) I towel dry, and spray a few sprays of this Its a 10 product all over my hair and brush again. It’s a leave in conditioner, with built in keratin. It’s a heat protectant as well, but I like to use additional products for that.
6) Then I rub one little pump of this Moroccan Oil through my hair, about midway down to ends, avoiding my roots. I feel like my hair gets a little frizzy, probably the long hot showers I take…I know that’s not the best remedy for your hair. Sometimes, I let my hair dry for like 10 min or so, while I put all my facial serums and creams on, and my body lotion. I don’t like to let my hair air dry…I like volume on top, and smooth edges, so I kind of get right to it.
7) When ready to blow dry I rub a little of this Oribe Blowout and Transformative Styling Creme from my roots to ends…literally a dime size or less. This product is a heat protectant and styling crème. I’m going to experiment with this Oribe creme next and see which is better.
8) Then I do a light mist of this Oribe Heat Protectant all over. This product is expensive and I swear, I use it up faster than anything…so I try to lightly mist my hair with this, even though it’s so good! It’s another heat protectant and smells just decadent…all the Oribe products do! I’m becoming obsessed with this line and their scent!
9) I need to try higher end blow dryers. I’ve just been using this blow dryer for years and it seems fine, but I probably should experiment with better ones, to see how much of a difference it makes. I use a this round brush to help give my hair a smooth shape.
10) Mid blow dry, and when I’m finished completely blow drying, I put a little pump of this Paul Mitchell Smoothing Serum in my hair and run it though mostly the middle of my hair to the ends and then the leftover residue at the top of my head and sides. It’s a smoothing serum and one of my ultimate favorites. I will also finish my hair sometimes with another little pump of this after I curl it, depending on how frizzy my hair still is.
11) I give a light spray of this Paul Mitchell Heat protectant (yes I’m all about the heat protectants) near the top of my crown and my ends...lightly coating…just to protect my hair…before I straighten it a little. I lightly straighten my roots and the ends of my hair. I literally spend about two minutes, if that, doing this…it’s a rough straighten...just to get the flyways down and the ends smooth. I use this Chi Straightener.
12) When I go to curl my hair, I separate it into about 5 vertical sections around my head. I spray this same Paul Mitchell Heat Protectant spray again, just in the center portion of my hair where I will be curling, and brush it out with this (similar) brush before curling. I use this Nume Wand to curl each piece…I would like to do a tutorial on exactly how I curl my hair, because that is crucial...I tried the other day and failed…I need to figure out the whole camera/lighting thing better. However, this is my favorite wand…Love this baby!
13) As I finish one entire section I spray a light spray of this Sebastian Hairspray to hold the curl. I use so little hairspray these days, that a bottle of this lasts forever.
14) While my curls set, I use this Loreal Root Lifting Spray on my roots, and lightly tease my crown and top center portion of hair, with this brush. This is literally the cheapest and best product for adding volume to your roots. I’m not the best hair teaser…I need work in this department for some reason, maybe it’s because my hair is so thin up there, but this gives me great lift and hold…seriously, the best I’ve found! Love this stuff!
15) After my curls have been sitting for a few minutes, I finish by spraying a light coating of this bombshell, Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray, all over my hair. This product is also expensive and goes the fastest too, but the smell is divine! I’m obsessing over this finishing product...Mind you, I like my hair to look a little mermaid like and tousled, so that’s why I love this product! They say it can be used as a dry shampoo, but I don’t use it like that. I prefer baby powder, and the dry shampoo I mentioned earlier. Then I’ll run my fingers through it and be done…sometimes I use the tangle brush again, or the smoothing serum a little, to smooth out some of the flyaways.
Yes, this seems like a lot of product…but I only do this twice a week, and use so little of each, that it lasts forever, except the two I mentioned above. I don’t want my hair to be weighed down…I’ve got a long face and I need that volume baby. Plus, I need this to last me 3-4 days…too much product is not a good thing. Honestly, the most tedious part is just blow drying my extensions…ugh I seriously dread it (and that’s why I’m testing other options out for ya). Everything else is a few seconds or minutes here and there…even curling my hair is a super fast process.
I hope this helps anyone looking to achieve this look! Like I mentioned, I will do an in depth post about extensions later, and figure out how to do a hair tutorial, to show you guys the whole process together, and how I curl my hair!! This is one of my first blog posts…so I’m still in the learning phase! As I try new things, I’ll always update you on the latest and greatest…
Much love and bombshell hair wishes to all of you!